Difference between revisions of "Gaoguan Temple (Jiangyou, Sichuan)"
(Created page with 'Situated in Tiantai village among the high mountains in the southwest of Jiangyou, Sichuan, Gaoguan Temple ( 高觀Gaoguan ) has three main halls and two side halls respectively ...')
Latest revision as of 15:36, 27 July 2009
Situated in Tiantai village among the high mountains in the southwest of Jiangyou, Sichuan, Gaoguan Temple ( 高觀Gaoguan ) has three main halls and two side halls respectively for the worship of The Supreme Venerable Sovereign ( 太上老君Taishang Laojun ), Imperial Sovereign Saint Guan ( 關聖帝君Gaunsheng dijun ) and the Daoist Master of the Compassionate Salvation ( 慈航道人Cihang Daoren ). The time when the main hall was first built is not clear. The two side halls, according to the stone tablet in the temple, were built in the 51st year (1786) of the Qianlong Era of the Qing. The temple is small but exquisitely structured. Surrounded by the ridges and peaks of the green mountains, it forms a very bewitching scene. In 1935, Complete Perfection Daoists Wang Chonglin and He Chongsen came from Cloud Platform Temple, Santai County to dwell in Gaoguan. Healing diseases for a long period, the two Daoists won with their simple life and lofty virtue the respect of the local people. Till present the Gaoguan Temple still enjoys popularity among followers. Every temple fair pilgrims come in an endless stream.