Difference between revisions of "Shun Shin Chee Kit Yin Koon (Zique xuanguan), Hong Kong"
(Created page with '==Brief History== The Shun Shin Chee Kit Yin Koon ( 紫闕玄觀 Zique Xuanguan ) is a temple of the Chunyang sect of Supreme Oneness ( 太乙 Taiyi ) Daoism. In 1964, it was fou...')
Latest revision as of 15:06, 28 July 2009
The Shun Shin Chee Kit Yin Koon ( 紫闕玄觀 Zique Xuanguan ) is a temple of the Chunyang sect of Supreme Oneness ( 太乙 Taiyi ) Daoism. In 1964, it was founded in Macau on the third floor of No. 17, Luoli Street, by Qu Zhanbie, Luo Lianzong, Deng Lianxue, Deng Lianyin, and Luo Lianhui. Afterwards, the disciples Luo Ziyan and Luo Lianhui returned to Hong Kong; unable to sustain itself, the original temple in Macau was closed temporarily. In 1973, the disciple Luo Ziyan bought the present site at Shenshuibu. Thanks to the kind and generous help of the Xinshan Ancestral Altar, the Erfen Altar, the Sanfen Altar, Liuhe Sacred House, and the Liyi Mysterious Temple, the great ceremony of Opening Light was held on the seventh day of the tenth month of the Guichou year (1973). In 1975, the temple was registered as a non-profit limited corporation named Shun Shin Chee Kit Yin Koon. In 1977, some believers offered section No. 95 (a public area), No. 3 District, Baitian Village, Shatin. The location became the "Quiet Temple for the Cultivation of the Aged at the Shun Shin Chee Kit Yin Koon ". From then on believers have increased day by day. "Shi Kuanqun", abbot of the neighboring Fragrant Rays Garden, donated for free the neighbouring plot No. 96 and its buildings. In 1979, after the construction of paths and platforms using funds raised in many ways, the Shun Shin Chee Kit Yin Koon was opened.
By 1982, the organization of the temple was perfected. Daoists made the site of the Mysterious Temple in Shatin the general altar for the believers. It consists of the Shun Shin Ancestral Altar, the Shun Shin Erfen Altar, the Shun Shin Altar, Liuhe Sacred House, the Chunyang Immortal Cave, the Shun Shin Liyi Mysterious Altar, the Shun Shin Mysterious Temple, the Shun Shin Temple, the Dize Temple, the Shun Shin Scriptures Research Institute, the Shun Shin Chee Kit Yin Koon Mysterious Temple, etc.
Respecting teachers and valuing teachings, carrying forward the traditional spirit of Chinese Daoism, taking loyalty, filial piety, incorruption, frugality, honesty, benevolence, kindness and propriety as essentials, saving people and making them do good, offering medical care and medicine, sympathizing with orphans and aiding widows, doing all kinds of social charitable works, building non-profit rest homes, founding Daoist schools, etc.
- A Chinese medicine department has been opened in the temple located on Yiju Street, Shenshuibu. It offers medical care and medicine in the morning and evening every day, except on the first and fifteenth days of each month of the lunar calendar, Sundays, and public holidays.
- Planchette-writing altars for universal salvation, transferring the sacred Dao and directing believers.
- Participation in charitable activities, such as raising money.
- Developing education, and founding over 40 middle schools, elementary schools, kindergartens, and orphanages.
- Aiding people in emergencies and dangers, raising funds to relieve disaster areas, sending Daoists to investigate the situation in disaster areas; aiding poor regions and improving medical services.
Address of the altar
- 136, Yee Kuk Street, 6th & 7th floors, Sham Shui Po, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Dd. 181, Area 3, Pak Tin village, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong
Telephone: (852) 27280137, 26911163
Fax: (852) 28580478